The Charter of Peroj

According to the Charter of Peroj, a document that no longer exists in its original form, this village, the surrounding pasture grounds and woods were allocated permanently to the settlers from Montenegro.

The Charter issued on July 21, 1657 states that Mišo Brajković with 10 families and Mihajlo Ljubotina with 5 families, 77 people altogether, came to Peroj from Montenegro which was at the time part of the Ottoman Empire.